Search

Protecting yourself as Empath & Highly Sensitive Person

If you're reading this, chances are you will probably relate to this little spiel about how we live in such a fast paced world and how it affects us. We Empaths and Highly Sensitive People who need an environment that provides grounding, flow, alignment and surrendering, yet often we work in jobs that exhaust us, demand quick solutions to how we live and leave ourselves as the last option when it comes to rest. Empaths and HSP only make up 20% of the world, so it's important that we understand not only how the other 80% works and affect us, but how we can take care of ourselves and what we can do when it comes to (re)acting.


Empaths and HSP aren't meant for the type of hustle and bustle the masculine world created for us. We should be aiming to slow down to lessen the impact of overstimulation and surrendering, so we can properly shield ourselves and simultaneously own our gifts to aid in the world. We are being called to focus on who we are, take action on actual resting of our bodies and souls, to learn how to support our own selves and others, but to also re(form) our relationship with Mama Earth. When we learn to put ourselves as the top priority in all areas of our lives, we can then actual show up fully expressed not only for ourselves, but others to. We are the start and the cause to the ripple affect. Choose yourself wisely.


Below are list of ways to protect yourself as an Empath or Highly Sensitive Person:



1. Shielding with energy/bubble: This is a simple practice where you envision a energy source from either your heart area or your belly button area and picture a beam of light or a bubble around your body that projects about 6 feet outward. There is no right or wrong colour. This is your own energetic field, so whatever you feel and see is correct, as long as you feel it is positive. Practice doing this exercise several times a week until you feel you can master it with keeping your eyes open. If you would like to watch a more detailed version of this you can catch me on video on my Instagram TV.


2. Using water as a cleanser: Water is a great option that easily be utilized in almost any situation you're in as an Empath or Highly Sensitive Person. Sometimes we may meet an unpleasant customer, coworker or client and c